&CANINES OF IUST'EUSI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relaxation of the grim (Open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Relaxation of the grim (Open) Empty Relaxation of the grim (Open)

Post by Wolvine Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:39 pm

OOC: FAIL TITLE, FAIL POST =D

Silver eyes watched the world of the fish. They were strange animals, fish. All they did was swim, feed and reproduce until something came and killed them. But, maybe all life was like that. They might try to fool themselves by creating packs and having wars, but the truth remained. All met their death eventually, whether peacefully in their sleep, savaged by an opponent, killed by a deadly illness, or Mersonas's own personal favourite, torture. The wolf gave a yawn, flapping his black wings over his head in a feeble attempt to cool himself down, but a thick layer of fur, a jet black pelt and a large build didn't help when attempting to keep oneself from boiling over. He clicked his long, overgrown claws on a rock, then, deciding, he stood and jumped into the cold water. He was not the world's neatest swimmer, nor the fastest, but his stamina and power meant he was a strong one.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Relaxation of the grim (Open) Empty Re: Relaxation of the grim (Open)

Post by ( KYUU ) Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:56 pm

ooc: I feel like making Alusis go against her father's wishes and make her explore the Dark side. :3

Heat. Too much heat. Why was it so hot down here? Oh, right, the cavern was right under a sea of molten lava. The fae gulped, her pale, pale white-pink wings flattened against her pale chestnut wings. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't have crossed the border into the dark, way-too-hot Dark side of Iust'eusi. Why was she even here? She should be up in the temple, on the Light side of their planet. But, no, she just had to prove to her weak little brother that she wasn't afraid to go against her father's wishes. Oh, this was a bad idea... At least no one had seen her yet. Alusis kept her maw opened, drawing in the scents of the Distuston Cavern. All she could smell was magma, magma, and more magma, plus a few different types of rocks. Wait, what was that? The fae's ears pricked at the sound of a splashing. Surely no one would have leapt into a pool of water in this boiling heat, right? Wrong. She had heard from the elders in the floating temple that there was a pond of water in the cavern that, for some bizzar reason, stayed cold. When she was young, she had always ran through each and every logical explaination for this, but none seem to fit. With her ears pricked, she was finally able to tell that she was making quite a lot of noise. Her claws were scraping against the rock flooring. That wasn't good. Was the canine who went into the pond friendly? Most-likely not. Alusis halted her steps, her chestnut-colored eyes scanning the area. She could tell that she was about ten yards away from the water, but she couldn't tell what surrounded her. Everything was dark, everything but the occasional rock glowing from the heat of the magma sea above. Her muscles tensed. She didn't wish to fight... Whoever was down in the scorching-hot cavern, but she also didn't wish to leave without some sort of evidence that she had been down there for her brother. Oh, her father was going to be very displeased when he finds out about this.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

https://caninesofiusteusi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Mersonas's nose, sharpened by having to catch traces of prey in the smoke, was able to catch the scent of another creature. Giving another sniff, he detected the absence of soot in the newcomer's smell. One of the Light... Fools. Normally, he would have lept to his feet and gone and murder any innocent passer-by, but his hunger had been subdued, and unusually, he was in quite a good mood. Smiling to himself, he slipped onto the bank, expirience making his silent. He would do nothing to her, but it was time to have some fun.

Homing in on the intruder's location, he began to crawl closer, careful to aviod stepping on anything that may make a noise. There was no need to worry about scent; the intruder probably wouldn't be able to distinguish exactly where he was, thanks tot he smell of smoke. The heat would help too, probably make whoever it was become less consentrated. All this was based on the fact that it was a member of the Light.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:43 pm

Alusis kept her muscles tensed as she awaited for whoever was in the cavern to make some sort of noise or for s/he to attack. All of her instincts said to run, run, run, but her stubborn side won her over. She still needed to prove to her brother that she had been down to the Dark side of Iust'eusi. Sure, smoke and ash was now trying to cling to her pale chestnut-and-white fur, but just flying back up to the temple would make the smoke and ash float off. Oh, what to do, what to do. Make herself look larger? Pfft, like that'll help. It was worth a shot, though. The fae took in a deep breath, holding back a cough from the ash. She opened up her large, angelic, pale, pale chestnut wings, spreading them wide as if she were about to take flight. Though, unless you were a bat, flight was pointless in the dark cavern. Angelic wings weren't that frightening. Demonic wings were better at scaring one into fleeing.

ooc: fail
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Mersonas's eyes widened as he came closer. A Royal? Even more foolish. Nobody around here would hesitate to rip her throat out. He was tempted to now. "What's a pretty little trinket like you doing out here?" His deep voice echoed around the surrounding rocks, giving off an impressive unexpected side-affect. Now being able to see her, Mersonas began to pace around the stranger, a shining white rather sinister smile tinted with red fish blood appeared on his black muzzle.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:59 pm

The fae quickly folded her wings up against her back again, flinching at the deep voice. The echos frmo the cavern made her, at first, think that whoever it was had multiplied. She shook her head, her chestnut eyes flicking back and forth until they locked on the form that was circling around her. It looked as if the--her eyes inspected how large the form was--brute was circling a wounded deer. Oh, this wasn't going to be good. She didn't answer his question right away. Instead, she kept her eyes locked on him, studying his form. He was a black wolf, seemingly a Warrior by the muscles. Though, he did have large dragon/bat wings. Was he a Royal/Warrior mix? It was rare, but it did happen every so often. "E-exploring." She finally stuttered out, a bit of fear slipping into her voice.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Mersonas gave a chuckle. "Hasn't your father taught you better? It dangerous out here, even for another Dark." He stopped his inspection, deciding that that it would be fun to scare her a bit more. The note of fear had not gone unnoticed.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:09 pm

The chestnut fae took a slight step back at the next question. "I only came down here to prove to my brother that I'm not afraid to defy my father." Her father was scary when angered. Heck, he seemed to completely lose what sanity he had at times. Yeah, being cooped up in the floating temple wasn't too good on mental health. Alusis was going to die of boredom when she has to take her father's place.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:15 pm

"Sometimes your elders know better." Mersonas's fangs came out in an angry snarl. He lept forwards, his claws in front of him, teeth posed to strike. Just as it seemed he was about to attack, he reeled back into the smoke, laughing. There was more than one way to skin a cat.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Alusis tensed her muscles even more, not even moving, and squeezed her eyes shut. She already knew that stepping over to the Dark side of Iust'eusi would be a death sentence. A few moments pasted and... Nothing happened but laughter. She hesitated before finally opening her eyes, only to see darkness and the brute's eyes glowing in the darkness. "Why didn't you just kill me?" She asked, all signs of fear vanishing. "You're a Dark, aren't you? Aren't you supposed to destroy any signs of Light in your territory?" Her tail half-lashed. She was confused, oh so confused. However, he might just be toying with her... Most-likely, he was. He was probably one of those who enjoyed seeing their prey squirm.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:30 pm

"I just don't feel like it. I may be a Dark Warrior, but the battle has little importance to me. I kill anyone who opposes me or believe they are stronger. I have never been defeated, thus I have no reason to go around killing Lights just because we are in a war; I can take care of myself." Mersonas's reply came out sharper than he intended it to be, and his laughter was cut short. Maybe he had more bitterness against his family than he knew. "You should get back soon anyway. I'm sure somebody who's lived all their life hiding in their father's shadow would know nothing about true survival, or even fighting. Somebody may came along an snap you neck soon." Not that there are any other Dark characters. Oh well.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:09 pm

The chestnut fae flattened her ears at the Dark's reply. She hated it down here, mainly because she couldn't see and it was just too hot. Plus, the brute's sharp replies weren't something that she liked. Alusis sighed, flapping her wings a bit to try and cool her off. "Well, I best be taking my leave, then, Mr. Dark." The Light didn't know what to call the brute, so she just settled with Mr. Dark. "Though, before I leave, I need something to show my brother as proof of me crossing into the Dark part of Iust'eusi... Hmm... Ah, this'll do!" The fea was shuffling her paws around until she found a good-sized rock. In her original canine form, she couldn't pick it up, so she had to turn herself into her human form. The fae started to glow, illuminating the dark cavern. Her wings grew smaller and smaller until they seemed to completely disappear. Her form went from being on all fours to standing on two legs. Long, dark pink hair sprouted from her head, ending just below her waist. Her pelt turned into a pale pink-and-white kimono, and the fae looked just like a human teenage girl. The light stopped glowing, making the cavern dark once more. Alusis crouched down, her pale hands feeling their way around the rocky floor until she was able to grasp the rock in her hands. She lifted it up an inch. It was lighter than she had expected. Oh well. She straightened herself until she was standing up straight once again. Looke like she'll have to leave the Dark side in her human form. At least she cold still fly, even without the wings. Alusis turned, facing towards where the brute should be standing. "Goodbye, Mr. Dark." She bowwed repectfully, even if the other was a Dark.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Mersonas gave a soft growl. "If you keep insisting on calling me Mr. Dark, I may change my mind. My name is Mersonas, and you should refer me to as such."
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:00 pm

The in-human-form fae giggled slightly at how the Dark was irritated by being called Mr. Dark. "Well, then, Mersonas, I might as well introduce myself, too. I am Alusis, daughter of Cymoronth." She added in the part of her being the daughter of Cymoronth only because it was a force of habit. They just had to make her say that every time she needed to say her name. Stupid elders of the Light's temple.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:07 pm

"Cymoronth? Very impressive." There was no tone of either scorn or true impression, and in reality he couldn't care less. It just sounded like the right thing to say. He gave a grunt, then looked away. Should he really have killed her?
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 pm

The in-human-form fae coughed, the ash and smoke finally getting to her. "Mersonas, I shall be taking my leave now. Thank you for your time." She quickly bowwed respectfully again, this time turning once she straightened her back. She needed to get out of that cavern, and the Dark side, quickly before her lungs litterally died on her. Oh, but there was still the problem of whether or not she'd get out alive or not. She best be on her toes while going back.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:17 am

Mersonas said nothing for a moment, then turned his head. "I'll take you to the border. It would be a shame to hear that you had been killed on your way back." He had taken quite a liking to the fae, and in truth didn't want her to be injured in any way. He turned into his human form, partly because he didn't want Alusis to see him when out of the smoke, and partly because he so seldom turned into a human, nobody truly knew what he looked like when in it. Nobody should recognize him.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:35 am

Alusis paused her steps, looking back at the brute when he spoke. Help her to the border? A shame if to hear if she'd been killed? What was this? A Dark deciding to help a Light... Now, that was uncalled for. She couldn't say no to that, though. The Dark knew his way around this territory way better than she did, so it would be nice of him to be her guide while in the Dark. Wait, a Dark being nice to a Light, also? What was this world coming too? It didn't matter. The brute had already changed into his human form. The girl blinked a few times before responding. "Thank you, Mersonas." The Royalty Light waited for the Royalty/Warrior Dark to take the lead.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Mersonas growled softly to himself, as he began in entirely the posited direction the Light had been heading towards; the smoke and heat often confused one's sense of direction if one was not used to it. "So tell me, if you aren't allowed to explore, what do you do to fill your days?"
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:26 pm

It took the fae a few moments to realize that the brute was going in a different direction. She shook her head, her long, chestnut-colored hair flopping around until she stopped. Alusis sighed, almost choking on some smoke, before starting after Mersonas. "To fill my days, huh?" She somewhat echoed to herself, pondering on this for a moment. "Well, I normally listen to the Elders as they ramble on and on, normally about 'when they were young.' I would also play some of the many (coughboringcough) games in the Light's temple with my brother. Other times, I would just run around, doing errands for my father."
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Mersonas bore his teeth in a similar way he did when he snarled, despite being in human form. "That's no way to live a life, caged. Like your father's little pets, that's what you two sound like."
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm

The fae almost tripped as a randomly large rock found its way into the path of her footsteps. She paused for a moment, regaining her balance and making sure that the smaller rock she held didn't fall. Alusis then started after te brute again, quickening her pace so that she didn't get lost. "Caged? I wouldn't say that, even if Royalty are basically birds in a canine's body." Her chestnut eyes scanned the cavern. Darkness, darkness, and more darkness. How did the Dark even know where he was going? The Light sighed, tightening her grip on the rock. "What about you, Mersonas? What about your family? What do you do for fun?" She asked, her voice a little quite since she wasn't too used to asking others, expessially a Dark, about their lives.
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Mersonas tensed, his eyes narrowing. "My family are dead."

OOC: EPIC MUSE BURST! X3
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by ( KYUU ) Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Alusis halted in mid-step. Her chestnut eyes stared down, locked on the rock in her pale hands. "Dead...?" She echoed, her mind completely wandering into a different universe. The very word sent chills up her spine. The thought of a whole family being dead... She couldn't even comprehend what the brute must be feeling. "I-I'm s-sorry I ask..." She murmered, forgetting that she was supposed to be walking.

ooc: Oh, what a glorious muse burst you had. XD
( KYUU )
( KYUU )
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:24 pm

"They died a long time ago. I no longer feel the pain as I did before. Do not feel sorry." Mersonas looked away. It was true that the pain was no longer deep, but he still felt the gap where they should be. "Aren't you coming?"
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next